Thursday, August 30, 2012

DIY tips and tricks

    I don't know about you guys but I really liked the way my jeans turned out. Seeing how well they looked inspired me to do a little research of DIY clothing projects. DIY is a great way to turn old clothes into new styles or add a desired clothing item to your wardrobe knowing its a one of a kind piece and it didn't break the bank.
      Two cute styles I am seeing this fall is lace and bright colors. I love both the styles but I don't love the prices. I worked at two jobs all sommer and I'm proud of the money I made. Going back to school recently of corse I have to go school shopping but my parents make me pay for the clothes. I wanted to get cute clothes for good prices and anymore I feel like we pay way to much for clothes. Lace tops can cost up to $30 dollars alone. I don't want to pay that much for a top that has barely any fabric to it. This inspired me to try to make due with I have or sow my own clothes. DIY combines both of these and most projects are quick, easy, look cute, and best of all cost very little.
     Tips for the best DIY possible.....
Figure out what you want and before you go looking at stores, look online to see if it can be a DIY! If your DIY consists of needing some supplies see what you have around your house and see if you can substitute some items. If you don't have the clothing you need or don't want to use what u already have go to thrift stores to look for it. Don't be ashamed! I'm planning on doing at least 5 more DIY clothing projects and I'm just going to go to goodwill to buy used clothes. This way I do not spend a lot of money on the clothes if something in the project goes wrong or I don't like the way it looks. If you don't have a particular project you want to do but you want to try to do a DIY then just google DIY projects or look up tutorials on YouTube. The more time you spend looking up DIY's the cuter items you will find. You could also just experiment and make your own DIY project. If you know how to sow DIY's are the perfect way to recreate clothes. Ive watched a lot of tutorials that show people using a shirt that they love the fit of and tracing it onto their fabric of choice.
 
   This weekend I am hoping to work on more DIY projects and post them on here. I am going to try to put videos up so you guys can hear and see what I'm doing without me having to post pictures for every step. If that doesn't work I will try to make a vlog and attach links so I can post on both.
     I hope I'm helping you out and giving you helpfull information. Feel free to send me an email at lynn95m13@gmail.com or comment in here about anything XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment