Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY: Tie Dye Jeans

I would have to say I think these jeans are adoribol. I'm going to do other pairs I will post pics don't worry. First ask your parents if it is ok to dye your jeans! My mom gave me a funny look when I asked her so then I had to explain. So what you will need are a pair of pant they can be either white or blue jean. I chose white just because I had an old pair of white capris that had a nice gray stain on the butt but I didn't want to get ride of them because I love the way they fit. You will also need a craft spong or kitchen spong, plastic cups or bowls make sure they are large enough to hold at least two cups of water or more, laytex gloves so you don't dye your hands, hot water, trash bags, a work space that can get stained, and fabric dye. I used Rit die. I just got it at Behulers. You can use other types of die. Just choose the color you like. In the picture above my jeans are still wet after I washed them they faded a lot.
Step one: lay the trash bags out flat and lay your jeans out flat in an areas that can get die I on it just did this in my drive way on the cement. If you are using blue jeans you will want to bleach ur jeans first. Simply just fill a bucket with bleach water and let your jeans sit in there till they are a light blue or white.
Step two: put on your gloves then mix the dye to the desired color. REMEMBER the color will fade a lot in the washer. I was going for a real color but it did not turn out right so I improvised and I still like the way they look. You can use as many colors as you want but they will mix together so I would stick to only one or two.
Step three: dip your sponge in the color you want to start with. I suggest starting with the lightest color to get the colors to blend better. Apply enough dye to soak the desired area. You want it to be very wet so the dye goes all the way through the top layer. Continue this until you have enough of the area covered with that one color.
Step four: continue step three with your darker color. If you chose to use one color make a dark cup of dye and a light cup.
Step five: when you have both sides completed fallow the watching direction for the die. Mine said to wash in cold water and dry a desired.

If these direction are confusing just look up DIY:Tie Dye Jeans on youtube! I found this DIY a quick and say solution to turning an old pair of jeans into new. You do not have to fallow these exact directions. You could just use beech on a pair of colored jeans instead of dye. Also you could use a spray bottle, paint brush, rag, or shaped sponge to create different effects. You could also dye other things besides jeans. Like your back pack, T-shirt, hoodie, socks, hats, purses, and much much more.

I'm going to post a picture of after  my jeans were washed just to show how faded they are. Keep in mind the darker the die the darker they will be after they are washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment